An integrated approach to identifying near-term opportunities while nurturing a pipeline, combines an iGov online survey with a follow-up iGov Live webinar presenting the survey findings.
Babcock International is a leading engineering support services organisation with revenue of over £4.5 billion in 2015 and an order book of circa £20 billion. Their Infrastructure Integration unit has a primary focus on growth within local authorities and is well established within many other UK sectors including central government.
Babcock needed to find a strategy to support a business case enabling them to build on a recent high value total facilities management contract win within the Local Authority sector. They needed to support anecdotal evidence that there were similar opportunities existing in both the short and medium term while converting this information to tangible new business interest.
- Babcock's resources limited them to relying on reactive tender monitoring to identify new bid opportunities within the local authority sector.
- They lacked any concrete data to back up anecdotal evidence around their target market.
- They lacked the means by which to facilitate relevant new business conversations.
The solution was an integrated iGov survey and webinar campaign. The survey component allowed Babcock to identify those organisations, and the relevant key stakeholders therein, that fit their business model both in terms of current internal structure and forward planning. The survey key findings were used, in conjunction with an unbiased view of the TFM solution approach, to lead into a case study presentation and subsequent Q&A session.
- Ingenium were ideally positioned to support Babcock in shifting from reactivity to proactivity.
- Ingenium had the expertise and resources in place to profile the local authority sector in a way that supported Babcock’s market approach.
- Ingenium had the tools at their disposal to transition market insight to tangible new business conversations and meeting interest.
The survey generated 149 completed questionnaires from organisations representing 35% of the local authority sector. This provided Babcock with some incredibly insightful information which was then used to create the foundation for the webinar presentation. The webinar attracted attendance from 20 local authority organisations each with multiple attendees relevant to strategising and procuring facilities and property management services.
- Not only was the campaign a fantastic short term success but the additional input and time given by Babcock has enabled them to begin their internal nurture process from a renewed position of confidence.
- They found the process of working with Ingenium highly rewarding. Not just in terms of helping them to support their business case by generating new business opportunities, but through the process of aligning their webinar presentations they found they had a rejuvenated perspective around the quality of the solution and support services they were bringing to market.
- They have subsequently generated new business meetings with 12 local authorities that has subsequently generated a pipeline in the region of £6,000,000.
To see how Ingenium can help your campaign, get in touch today on 0845 094 8567, or submit your enquiry on our contact form.